Persian tiles completed!
The Persian Tiles crochet blanket is finally done.
By the numbers:
- 1 false start with wrong colours
- 10 days waiting because I misjudged the amount of teal and blue wool needed
- 2 seasons of The Mentalist watched
- Approx 100 hours of time spent
- Approx 3000 yards of wool
- At least 6 new skills learnt
- 3 errors n the final piece. Which I am happy about. 1 will never be noticed, 1 was deliberate (I like an error that shows it is homemade) and 1 that was a genuine error. Non of them detract from the final piece at all.
- Enormous satisfaction in finished product.
I learnt a great deal about crochet in this project. I also learnt a lot about pattern writing for someone who doesn’t necessarily have all the skills but wants to learn and just needs a little extra explanation in the pattern. I can definitely use this in my knitting patterns going forward.
I liked the project so much that there’s going to be more crochet in my future. Even if it’s only a border on a knitted shawl. The finished blanket is shown below after being steamed and blocked and is everything I hoped it would be. Prior to this I’d only ever done a crochet dishcloth! So feel free to try a ‘harder’ pattern. It is perfectly possible to create something amazing with a little patience and willingness to learn the new skills.